This article is reviewed regularly by Wego’s editorial team to ensure that the content is up to date & accurate.
Updated May 2023
Possessing a valid visa document is an important prerequisite for all foreign nationals travelling from non-visa-exempt countries to Saudi Arabia. There are several types of visas issued by the Saudi authorities, depending upon the purpose of travel and the duration of stay.
If you would like to learn how you can check the validity or authenticity of your Saudi visa, this article addresses just that.
Saudi visa check status online 2023
There are numerous ways of checking your Saudi visa. Here we list some of the most prevalent methods of checking your Saudi visa online for both visitors and residents.Book cheap flights to Saudi Arabia
Saudi visa check on Muqeem by Iqama or visa number
Checking your Saudi Arabia visa through the Muqeem portal is an easy and simple process. There’s no login required, and provided you’re able to provide the required information, you can determine your visa validity in a matter of minutes.
The Muqeem portal allows visitors and ex-pat residents to check the validity of their visas by entering either their visa or Iqama number and cross-matching it with the other. They can also provide their passport number, name, date of birth, iqama expiry date, or visa expiry date for cross-verification.
We’ve written about the Muqeem Saudi visa check extensively in our dedicated article. Please refer to our Muqeem article for more information.
Saudi visa check on MOI Absher portal
You can also use the Absher website to check on your visa. Here are the steps that you need to follow:
- visit the Absher portal and log into your account
- select “My Services” and then “Inquiries”
- on the next screen, select “Passport” and then “Exit/Entry Visa Status”
- provide the following details:
- Sponsor ID
- Iqama number
- Visa number or passport number
- Image code
- select “View”
Using the Absher website, you can also cancel exit/re-entry visas for dependents. But for any changes in your exit/entry visa, your sponsor company will have to conduct all formalities.
Check our article on the Absher platform below for more details:
Saudi visa check on Enjazit – by visa number
Please note that the Saudi visa check facility on the Enjazit portal has been moved to the MOFA online portal.
Residents and visitors looking to perform their Saudi visa check by passport number will be redirected to the MOFA visa platform.
The MOFA visa platform currently facilitates Saudi visa check queries by utilizing a visa-issued number, sponsor ID, and the visa-issuing authority as pictured.
Simply provide the required information and receive the latest information about your visa. Please refer to our dedicated Enjazit article for the latest information and updates.
Saudi visa check on MOFA – by passport number
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs provides visa validity checking services by passport number on their online portal. Here are the steps you can take to check the validity of your Saudi visa.
- go to https://visa.mofa.gov.sa/
- select ‘visa application’ on the inquiry type
- provide your application number and passport number
- enter the Captcha code correctly
- click on ‘search’
Provided you’ve entered all the required information correctly, the next page will display all information concerning your Saudi visa.
For all things MOFA-related, please refer to our MOFA Visa article.
Saudi exit/re-entry visa validity check
A Saudi exit/re-entry visa is an essential document for beneficiaries who have family members or domestic workers outside the kingdom and for employees wishing to exit Saudi Arabia and return within a stipulated time.
Checking the validity of an exit/re-entry visa can easily be performed through the Muqeem portal as follows:
- visit the Muqeem portal
- enter your Iqama number
- select ‘date of birth’ to cross-check your Iqama number with
- click on the ‘Check’ button
After providing your selected detail, your exit/re-entry visa details will be displayed as follows:
- visa status (still valid or has expired)
- visa type and number
- visa duration
- visa issuance date
- return before date
- inside or outside Saudi Arabia
Saudi visa validity
While there are several methods online to verify the validity of your visa in Saudi Arabia, it is advisable to know the standard validity period of the visas, which are as follows:
- Tourist visa: The visa is valid for up to one full year (365 days) with a maximum 90-day duration of stay at one time and multiple entries. For single-entry tourist visas, the validity is now extended to three months.
- Business visa: The validity of a Saudi business visa is between 30 to 60 days, depending on the country of origin and the letter of invitation issued by the MOFA-KSA. Multiple entry business visas can be issued for 6 months, 1, 2 or 5 years with a maximum duration of stay of 90 days per trip.
- Family visit visa: Single-entry family visit visas are valid for 30 days, while multiple-entry visas are valid for 90 days. With multiple-entry visas, it is possible to re-enter Saudi Arabia up to 4 times, with each visit lasting up to 90 days.
- Personal visit visa: The personal visit visa allows travellers to stay in the country for 90 days and is valid for 90 days in case of a single entry and for 365 days in case of multiple entry.
- Hajj and Umrah visa: The Hajj visa is valid for 30 days, while the Umrah visa is valid for three months.
- Saudi work visa: The visas are valid for one year from the date of issuance and allow foreign nationals to work in the country for up to six months in that one-year period without having to apply for a residence permit.