This article has been reviewed by Wego’s editorial team to ensure that the content is up to date & accurate.
Reviewed January 2024
Saudi Arabia is currently open for tourism, and international travel to or from the Kingdom has been largely restored. Now, travellers from 49 countries are eligible to apply for Visa on Arrival or VoA if they wish to visit the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
Table of Contents
Saudi visa on arrival news 2024
Saudi has extended the eligible countries for Umrah visas on arrival, which now include the United Kingdom, the United States various European countries, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Malaysia, South Korea, Japan, Kazakhstan, Brunei, and China. The visa is valid for 90 days, and it can be obtained through sea, air, or land ports.
Saudi visa on arrival for Umrah
Saudi Arabia’s visa-on-arrival program now extends its privileges to visitors holding US and UK visas, granting them the opportunity to undertake the Umrah pilgrimage. Furthermore, residents from the US, UK, and EU are also eligible to partake in Umrah through this scheme.
Nevertheless, it’s important to bear in mind that specific restrictions may apply during the Hajj season, Ramadan, and peak Umrah periods. To stay up-to-date with the latest information, we recommend consulting the official guidelines provided by Saudi Arabia’s Ministry of Hajj and Umrah.
For more information on Umrah 2024, please refer to our article below:
Countries eligible for Saudi Visa on Arrival
If you are a citizen of the countries below, you are eligible to apply for Saudi Arabia’s Visa on Arrival (VoA):
- San Marino
- Czech Republic
- The Netherlands
- South Korea
- The United States
- New Zealand
Saudi Visa on Arrival requirements
- The minimum age of applicants is 18 years old.
- Underaged applicants require an individual above 18 years old to act as their guardian.
- When applying, the passport validity must suffice for at least 6 months at the time of entering Saudi Arabia.
- A refund in case of rejection is not possible. Visa fees are non-refundable
- Overstay fees: SAR100 for each day of overstay when the visa expires without leaving Saudi Arabia.
- The religion of the applicant is not relevant.
- Countries with bilateral agreements can apply for the visit visa through e-Visa or visa-on-arrival or through the consulate visa (USA, UK, South Korea and Japan).
- Documents not required to obtain a visa:
– Return ticket;
– Booking accommodation (only address is required);
– A hard copy of the visa, although a soft copy is advised.
- Time taken to issue an e-Visa is 5-30 minutes in most cases.
- Visa eligibility pre-checks are conducted by all airlines before boarding flights to Saudi Arabia
For travellers who hold USA, United Kingdom, or Schengen visas, the following requirements must apply to obtain a visa on arrival:
- The visa is valid.
- The visa type is either tourist or business.
- The visa has to be used at least once and have an entry stamp from the issuing country.
Individuals who wish to engage in the religious pilgrimage of Umrah in Mecca also have the option to do it with a Saudi Visa on Arrival. Those holding this visa must make arrangements for an Umrah appointment using either the Nusuk or Tawakklana Services apps before their visit to the Grand Mosque in Mecca.
Saudi Visa on Arrival validity
The validity of the visa depends on its type. A single-entry visa allows you to stay for a total length of one month, while a multiple-entry visa allows you to stay in Saudi Arabia for up to three months.
A multiple-entry visa is valid for a maximum of three months, regardless of whether you leave and re-enter the country during that period of time.
Saudi Visa on Arrival fee
The Visa on Arrival will cost SAR 300, and the cost of the new comprehensive medical insurance that covers COVID-19 treatment is SAR 180, including tax, bringing the total to SAR 480. Payment for Visa on Arrival is only accepted via Credit Cards and MADA.