This article has been reviewed by Wego’s editorial team to ensure that the content is up to date & accurate.
Updated January 2023
Saudi Arabia is currently open for tourism, and international travel to or from the Kingdom has been largely restored. Now, travellers from 49 countries are eligible to apply for Visa on Arrival or VoA if they wish to visit the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
Book cheap flights to Saudi Arabia now
Saudi Visa on Arrival News 2023
According to the latest update from the KSA government on September 2022, the Saudi Visa on Arrival is now available for US, UK, and EU residents.
Countries eligible for Saudi Visa on Arrival
If you are a citizen of the countries below, you are eligible to apply for Saudi Arabia’s Visa on Arrival (VoA):
- San Marino
- Czech Republic
- The Netherlands
- South Korea
- The United States
- New Zealand
Saudi Visa on Arrival requirements
- The minimum age of applicants is 18 years old.
- Underaged applicants require an individual above 18 years old to act as their guardian.
- When applying, the passport validity must suffice for at least 6 months at the time of entering Saudi Arabia.
- A refund in case of rejection is not possible. Visa fees are non-refundable
- Overstay fees: SAR100 for each day of overstay when the visa expires without leaving Saudi Arabia.
- The religion of the applicant is not relevant.
- Countries with bilateral agreements can apply for the visit visa through e-Visa or visa-on-arrival or through the consulate visa (USA, UK, South Korea and Japan).
- Documents not required to obtain a visa:
– Return ticket;
– Booking accommodation (only address is required);
– A hard copy of the visa, although a soft copy is advised.
- Time taken to issue an e-Visa is 5-30 minutes in most cases.
- Visa eligibility pre-checks are conducted by all airlines before boarding flights to Saudi Arabia
For travellers who hold USA, United Kingdom, or Schengen visas, the following requirements must apply to obtain a visa on arrival:
- The visa is valid.
- The visa type is either tourist or business.
- The visa has to be used at least once and have an entry stamp from the issuing country.
Today’s announcement will make it easier than ever before to visit #SaudiArabia, a great example of collaboration across the sector to provide a seamless travel experience for our visitors. pic.twitter.com/3qpv9slLdz
— وزارة السياحة (@Saudi_MT) September 1, 2022
Saudi Visa on Arrival validity
The validity of the visa depends on its type. A single-entry visa allows you to stay for a total length of one month, while a multiple-entry visa allows you to stay in Saudi Arabia for up to three months.
A multiple-entry visa is valid for a maximum of three months, regardless of whether you leave and re-enter the country during that period of time.
Saudi Visa on Arrival fee
The Visa on Arrival will cost SAR 300, and the cost of the new comprehensive medical insurance that covers COVID-19 treatment is SAR 180, including tax, bringing the total to SAR 480. Payment for Visa on Arrival is only accepted via Credit Cards and MADA.