Updated September 2023
Obtaining a Saudi work visa represents a significant achievement for Pakistani nationals in pursuit of job opportunities within the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. It signifies the commencement of a transformative journey, as Saudi Arabia has historically attracted individuals from across the globe with its appealing employment prospects, diverse cultural experiences, and promising economic potential.
Read on as Wego reveals how to apply for a work visa to Saudi Arabia from Pakistan.
Table of Contents
Saudi work visa for Pakistani latest news
The Saudi Arabian government has introduced a significant change in its visa issuance process, specifically for individuals in Pakistan applying for various types of visas, including business visas, short-term work authorization, and work visas. This development marks a significant shift as travelers will now receive an e-visa with a QR code instead of the traditional visa sticker that used to be endorsed in their passports.
Saudi Arabia’s General Authority of Civil Aviation has announced this groundbreaking update, where the visa sticker on passports is being replaced with a printed e-visa containing a QR code. This QR code will contain all the essential information and details about travelers, making the process more efficient and streamlined.
Saudi work visa for Pakistani 2023
A Saudi Arabia work or employment visa is a necessary document for all foreign residents wishing to work in Saudi Arabia. The employer or company is the party responsible for sponsoring Saudi work visas for their employees. This means sponsors may be a Saudi corporation, an individual, or a foreign organization with the required permits to conduct business in Saudi Arabia.
With the objective to streamline the application process and ensure all applicants meet entry requirements, Saudi Arabia has improved its visa regulations for Pakistani nationals. This includes an online platform for work visas, medical exams, and health certifications before travel.
Aimed at enhancing the job prospects for Pakistanis in Saudi Arabia, the applicants must meet the new requirements and have the necessary documents when applying online for a work visa. Moreover, additional costs, including medical exams and health certificates, may also apply for obtaining a work permit.
Saudi work visa for Pakistani requirements
Pakistani employees will require a sponsor in Saudi Arabia to secure a visa. The majority of the application procedure is handled by the sponsoring employer. However, the prospective employee is still required to submit all necessary documentation detailed below:
- a passport that will be valid for the duration of employment
- a passport-sized photograph in colour
- a completed visa application
- three copies of a signed medical report
- a letter of employment from the sponsoring company in Saudi Arabia, which must be certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Saudi Chamber of Commerce
- a signed copy of the employment contract
- a certified copy of the applicant’s university diploma, which must be validated by the Saudi Arabian Cultural Mission
- a police report
How to apply for a Saudi work visa from Pakistan?
A Saudi work visa application must be made by the employer. Here are the necessary steps to obtain a visa and residency permit in Saudi Arabia:
- the sponsoring employer must register with Saudi Arabia’s Ministry of Interior
- the Ministry will open an immigration file with information regarding all of the employer’s expatriate workers
- the employer will lodge an application for a work visa with the Saudi Arabian Ministry of Labor
- once the application is approved, the Ministry of Labor will notify the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Within two weeks, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs will issue a visa authorization number
- the employee will submit their employment visa application to the relevant Saudi embassy along with the documents listed above
- the embassy will issue the visa within one to three weeks, at which point the employee can travel to Saudi Arabia
- in Saudi Arabia, the employee must apply for a residency permit, or Iqama, through the Ministry of Labor.
- the Ministry of Labor will forward the approved application to the Ministry of Interior, where the Iqama will be issued through the Directorate General for Passports
Employees should carry their Iqama at all times in order to prove that they are legally allowed to live and work in Saudi Arabia.
Please note that if the employee would like to travel in and out of Saudi Arabia during the duration of their employment, they will need to apply for an exit/re-entry permit through the Ministry of Interior. This permit is generally issued within one week.
Saudi work visa for Pakistani price
The breakdown for obtaining the Saudi Arabia work visa is as follows.
- if the workforce of the company sponsoring your work visa consists of more than 50% Saudi nationals, then the total cost would be SAR 7,200. The cost includes SAR 750 for obtaining an Iqama, while the work visa and insurance cost SAR 6,000 and SAR 450, respectively
- if the sponsoring company employs more than 50% foreign nationals, the total cost will increase to SAR 8,400, with the work visa fee being SAR 7,200
Please note that the visa fee for applying for a Saudi work visa is subject to change. Hence, make sure to consult with the authorities regarding the accurate price of the visa.
Once you’ve confirmed the details, it’s time to start planning for your professional journey in Saudi Arabia. Download the Wego app and book cheap flights to Saudi Arabia from anywhere in Pakistan!