Reviewed December 2022
Following the severity of COVID-19 cases being reduced over the year, the precautionary measures in Thailand have now been eased. With the Covid-19 precautionary measures being eased, understandably, many travellers are looking to reacquaint themselves with Thailand’s extraordinary beauty and cultural uniqueness.
If you’re a Qatari resident looking to travel to Thailand, here is a definitive breakdown of the Thailand visa for Qatar residents.
Table of Contents
Do Qatar residents need a visa for Thailand?
No, Qatar residents usually do not require a visa to enter Thailand, because the country, Qatar, is included in the countries listed in the Visa Exemption Scheme of Thailand.
The Visa Exemption Scheme, however, only allows Qatar residents, entering Thailand by air to stay for a period of 30 days, and those entering the Kingdom by land are granted a 15-day stay. Hence, if for any reason the resident is planning to stay for more than 30 days, they will be required to apply for a Thailand Tourist visa with an extended duration of stay.
How to apply for a Thailand tourist visa for Qatar residents?
The Thailand tourist visa has a validity of 3 months under the single-entry scheme and 6 months of validity under the multiple-entry scheme. The visitors can stay up to 60 days without the need for an extension of stay, with the Thailand tourist visa.
Please note that applying for a visa for travelling to Thailand should be planned at least ten days before the travelling date. To apply for a Thailand visa follow the steps given below:
- Download this Thai visa application form.
- Fill in by typing all the answers or the necessary details asked in the form.
- Gather all the required documents needed for the visa application that you are to apply for.
After that, bring your visa application form and the required documents needed for the visa application to the Royal Thai Embassy or Consulates located in Qatar.
Please note that the Embassy staff/employees are NOT allowed to fill out any visa application form.
Thailand tourist visa requirements for Qatar residents
As per the information provided by the Royal Thai Consulate-Doha, the following documents will be required by Qatari residents to apply for a Thailand tourist visa:
- Typed and completely filled Thai visa application form. Please note that the visa application with incomplete requirements will NOT be accepted.
- Two passport size coloured photographs of the applicant taken with a plain background.
- Original Passport, with six months of validity, or travel document, with one photocopy of each.
- One photocopy of the Residency Permit Card, with a validity of three months, signed by the applicant (The original Residency Permit Card of the applicant must be presented to the Visa Section official when applying for a visa). Please note that no photocopy service is available at the Embassy
- Health insurance policy covering all expenditures and medical expenses related to COVID-19 with a minimum coverage of USD 20,000 (72,820 QAR). Please note that from 1 May 2022, the minimum coverage will be USD 10,000 (36,410 QAR) for the whole period of staying in Thailand.
A Photocopy of the airline return ticket.
Booking for Alternative Quarantine (AQ) facilities, or SHA Extra+ hotels that have been approved by the Thai authorities according to your plan of visit.
- A photocopy of the hotel booking during your stay in Thailand after quarantine.
Bank statement in the past three months with a minimum balance of THB 20,000 (QAR 3,000) per person, and THB 40,000 (QAR 5,000) per family, or
Original Letter of Certification (Salary Certificate) which indicates a salary of more than USD 823.95 (QAR 3,000), in English from the sponsor/company / or relating working organization stating the applicant’s salary and allowances. In case the applicant is not working, the sponsor could issue the letter, and attach it with:
a copy of their QID card/passport
original letter(s) of sponsor’s salary certificate (with a copy of establishment card), or
A Covid-19 Vaccination Certificate and Vaccination Card (if any)
A non-refundable visa fee of USD 41.20 (QAR 150) for a single-entry tourist visa, and USD 205.99 (QAR 750) for a multiple-entry tourist visa (in cash only).
Please note that the Visa application time is from 9 AM to 12 PM, and the Visa collection takes place from 2:00 PM to 3:00 PM. The Consulate will be open on official days, that is, from Sunday to Thursday (except Embassy’s official holiday).
There might be some additional documents required to be submitted by the Consulate. Please reach out to the Royal Thai Consulate in Doha through their email, or contact the Visa Section at +974 4493 4426, 4493 4432, from 2 PM to 4 PM, o get information regarding the additional documents required.
Thailand tourist visa processing time
The processing time for the Thailand tourist visa for Qatar residents is at least two working days.
Please note that the Embassy will NOT issue a visa within the same day of receiving the applicant’s visa application forms and documents.
Thailand tourist visa cost
The cost for a single-entry tourist visa in Thailand for Qatari residents is USD 41.20 (QAR 150) for a single-entry visa, and USD 205.99 (QAR 750) for a multiple-entry tourist visa (in cash only). The visa fees are non-refundable.
Latest news in Thailand
Due to the nature of the pandemic, rules and regulations may change at a moment’s notice. However, following the severity of COVID-19 cases being reduced over the year, the precautionary measures in Thailand have now been eased.
Thailand has now scrapped its pre-departure RT-PCR testing requirement for vaccinated international travellers arriving in Thailand. International arrivals to Thailand are NO longer be required to register themselves for the Thailand pass and US$10,000 health insurance, thus welcoming all travellers with proof of either a certificate of vaccination or a pre-arrival negative RT-PCR or professional ATK (Antigen Test Kit) test result.
- Everyone 18 years of age and older must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 with an approved vaccine at least 14 days before travelling to Thailand.
- Travellers 5-17 years of age travelling to Thailand unaccompanied must get vaccinated with at least 1 dose of an approved vaccine at least 14 days before travelling to Thailand. Those travelling with parents are exempt from this requirement.