This article is reviewed regularly (on a monthly basis) by Wego’s editorial team to ensure that the content is up to date & accurate.
Updated January 2023
As a huge relief to frequent travellers flying to and from Canada, Canada has recently announced that fully vaccinated arrivals to the country will no longer be required to obtain a valid negative pre-departure COVID-19 test report. While this would make travelling a lot easier and more convenient, you still need to vary certain restrictions and regulations while entering Canada.
Are you allowed to travel to Canada? Will you need to get tested? Do you need to quarantine? Read along to find out the latest flight schedules, airfares and entry requirements to take note of while travelling to Canada from India.
Flights from India to Canada
A simple search through Wego will show you the latest flight schedules, allowing you to choose the best flight deals from across several airlines.
*All prices and schedules are for flights in January 2023; they are accurate at the time of writing.
Given below are the flight schedules and ticket prices for two of the most sought-after airways covering India-Canada routes.
Air Canada, the flag carrier and the largest airline in Canada, is one of the very few airlines that operate direct flights from India to Canada.
Flight ticket price and schedule
- Delhi to Toronto: One daily flight and multiple connecting flights every day. Ticket prices start from INR 81,399.
- Delhi to Vancouver: One direct flight five days a week and multiple connecting flights every day. Ticket prices start from INR 190,688.
- Mumbai to Toronto: One direct flight and multiple connecting flights on all days of the week. Ticket prices start from INR 79,934.
- Mumbai to Vancouver: Multiple connecting flights on all days of the week. Ticket prices start from INR 108,206.
Please visit Wego for the full Air Canada flight schedule.
Direct flights operated by Air Canada between India and Canada can take upto 15 hours. Connecting flights may take more than 20 to 33 hours.
India’s fag carrier also flies regularly to several Canadian airports from India.
Flight ticket price and schedule
- Delhi to Toronto: One direct flight and multiple connecting flights five days a week. Ticket prices start from INR 111,324.
- Delhi to Vancouver: One direct flight and multiple connecting flights three days a week. Ticket prices start from INR 135,734.
- Mumbai to Toronto: Multiple connecting flight four days a week. Ticket prices start from INR 153,748.
- Mumbai to Vancouver: Multiple connecting flights three days a week. Ticket prices start from INR 149,074.
Direct flights are mostly scheduled to take 15 hours and 15 minutes to reach Canada from India. Connecting flights, which mostly have a stopover at Delhi, may take upto 22 hours.
Please visit Wego for the full Air India flight schedule.
Can I travel from India to Canada?
Yes, you now can. At present only fully vaccinated foreign nationals are allowed to enter Canada for discretionary travel.
Canada has lifted the travel ban on India starting from 27 September 2021, thereby permitting direct flights from India with additional public health measures in place. Moreover, effective 1 April 2022, the Canadian government has scrapped the pre-departure test requirements for fully vaccinated travellers coming to Canada on direct or indirect flights from India.
Indian travellers will be subjected to the following border control and entry measures as mandated by Canada.
Canada entry requirements
All travellers, whether entering Canada by air, land, rail or marine vessel, are not required to use ArriveCAN to provide mandatory travel information before and after their entry into Canada. However, they still can use it to save time at the border by completing declaration in advance.
Travellers will be asked to show the following to a Canada border services officer upon entry:
- A valid visa
- A valid passport
- An eTA (for visa-exempt nationals)
Canadian government is no longer requiring inbound travellers to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
Travellers coming from India are not required to show COVID-19 test results.
Canada is no longer applying quarantine measure for all arrivals. Make sure you are not showing any COVID-19 symptoms.