This article is reviewed regularly by Wego’s editorial team to ensure that the content is up to date & accurate.
Reviewed 05 January 2023
Countries around the world enact bans for various reasons, sometimes political, and sometimes for safety. UAE is no exception as the country has imposed—and is currently upholding—multiple bans.
Keep reading to find out which countries are currently on the UAE travel ban list.
UAE travel ban update
According to reports from the African news portal, the United Arab Emirates has prohibited citizens of almost 20 African nations from entering Dubai.
The following countries will be affected by the recent decision introduced by authorities in UAE:
- Sierra Leone
- Ghana, Sudan
- Republic of Guinea
- Democratic Republic of Congo
- Ivory Coast
- Guinea Bissau
- Burkina Faso
- Dominican Republic.
Any applications for 30-day visas from the countries mentioned above will be sent back or cancelled effective from October 18, 2022, until further notice.
UAE travel ban check
Before you travel to the UAE, it is advisable to check or solve any issues that hinder your entry at the airport immigration counters. For example, if you are subject to a UAE travel ban due to financial cases or if you are requested by the Public Prosecution due to any claims.
In UAE, there are three ways that you can check the status of your travel ban:
- Visit the Dubai Police station in person.
- Make a phone call or enquire through the mail. The call center operator will require your passport number in addition to other information. Residents can call the Amer center in Dubai at 800-5111, which is a toll-free number. Callers from abroad can do so at +971-4-313-9999. You can also drop a mail inquiry: @dubaipolice.gov.ae
- Online travel ban check. Below is the step-by-step on how to check your travel ban online:
- Prepare your Emirates ID.
- Visit the official website of Dubai Police or download the Dubai Police app on your Android or iOS
- Browse through ‘Individual Services’
- Select ‘Criminal Status of Financial Cases’
- Enter your full name and Emirates ID number
- If you have any travel ban, you will get a message saying that you will need to bring your Emirates ID, copy of your passport, and authority letter to the Dubai Police station near you.
If you have an Abu Dhabi residency visa and an ID number, you can use the Estafser e-service which enables residents of Abu Dhabi to check whether they have any claims against them. In case you have a visa from one of the other five emirates, or no longer have an ID number, you will need to contact the General Directorate of Residence and Foreigner Affairs.
To know more about checking on your travel ban status in UAE, visit our article on UAE Travel Ban Check 2022: How to Check Your Travel Ban Status in UAE.