This article is reviewed regularly (on a monthly basis) by Wego’s editorial team to ensure that the content is up to date & accurate.
Updated 22 September 2021
Since the start of the vaccination effort in Oman, the sultanate has been successful in vaccinating around 2.8 million people against the deadly virus. Starting September 1 2021, two doses of COVID vaccination have been made mandatory for people aged 18 years and above who wished to enter Oman, further aiding in the pandemic efforts.
For Omanis who have been partially or fully vaccinated, here is how you can get your COVID-19 vaccination certificate and what you can do with it.
*Featured image is for illustration purpose only
How to download Oman COVID-19 vaccine certificate?
Once you are done with the first or final dose of COVID-19 Vaccine, you can view, verify and download your vaccine certificate using the Tarassud + app (Android, iOS) developed by the Ministry of Health.
This application is free to download and can also be used by visitors to register themselves for entering the Sultanate.
- Download the Tarassud + (Android, iOS) application on your mobile phone.
- Once downloaded, open the application and enter your phone number.
- You will receive an OTP (One Time Password) which you will be required to enter.
- Register yourself by accurately providing all the necessary information.
- You will now be able to download your vaccination certificate from the app accordingly.
What are the benefits of having a COVID-19 vaccine certificate in Oman?
It was announced on September 1 2021, that vaccination is a mandatory condition to allow entry to all Omani government units and private sector establishments, including malls, restaurants and other collective activities.
Therefore, the vaccination certificate makes it hassle-free and more accessible for Omanis to enter these public places without any restrictions.