This article has been reviewed by Wego‘s editorial team to ensure that the content is up to date & accurate.
Reviewed September 2023
All expat residents arriving in Saudi Arabia on work and dependent visas must be in possession of a valid Iqama ID since its importance cannot be overstated. The Iqama is a residence permit issued to all expat residents in Saudi Arabia by the Ministry of Interior.
However, in order to get the Iqama issued, obtaining an Efada medical report from Efada-approved medical centres is a requirement. Keep reading to find out more about the Efada medical report.
Table of Contents
Efada medical report 2023
In order to get a residence permit or an Iqama issued, every expatriate who enters Saudi Arabia on a residence visa needs to undergo a medical test and obtain an Efada medical report from Efada-approved medical centres. All expatriates must ensure they visit an Efada-approved medical centre to obtain their Efada medical report as soon as possible after entering Saudi Arabia.
Efada-approved medical centres
According to multiple sources, given below are some of the Efada-approved medical centres:
- King Saud Hospital
- King Saud Chest Hospital
- General Hospital Sat Alallayh
- Clinic Alber
- National Guard Health Affairs
- Medical Maximum Kindergarten Company
- Muzahimiyah General
- Hinakiyah General Hospital
- King Fahad Medical
- Durma General Hospital
- ALEHSAA Hospital
- Rafayi Alsamsh
- King Khaled Eye Hospital
- King Salman Hospital
- King Abdulaziz Medical City
- King Salman Kidney Diseases Center
- Alhamra Hospital
- Medical Department King Abdulaziz University
- East Jeddah Hospital
- Al Hamra health centre in Jeddah
- Childbirth and Pediatric Hospital in Jeddah
- King Faisal Specialist Hospital in Jeddah – South Terminal
- Alalameya Polyclinic
- Alfaisal Medical Centre 3
- Mohammed AlJedaani Medical Complex
- Al Thager Hospital
- King Fahd Armed Forces Hospital
- Dammam Comprehensive Screening Centre
- Medical Fitness Centre Hospital Prince Sultan Araarha
- King Fahd Hospital
- Shifa Al-Dammam
- Security Forces Hospital
- Dammam Medical Complex
- Al Amal Complex for Mental Health
- Al Ahmadi Medical Clinic
How to obtain an Efada medical report?
To obtain an Efada medical test report, you can follow the steps given below:
- visit an Efada-approved medical centre
- submit your passport at reception, and pay approximately SAR 200 for the medical test
- the medical centre will take a blood test and a stool test
- if you pass the blood test, the centre will issue your Efada medical report
Efada medical report result check online
Expatriates can quickly check the result of their Efada medical test report online through the Ministry of Health website using the Iqama border number and Sponsor ID number.
To check the result of your Efada medical report online, please follow these steps:
- visit the Ministry of Health (MOH) website at moh.gov.sa.
- enter your border number and Sponsor ID number
- select the type as ‘Iqama Issuance’
- enter the verification code accurately, and click on search
You can now view the result of their Efada medical test report online.
Efada medical report for driving license
In order to apply for a driving license or to renew a license in Saudi Arabia, applicants need to obtain an Efada medical report from an Efada-approved hospital.
Efada medical report for a driving license
To obtain an Efada medical test report for a driving license, please follow the steps given below:
- visit an Efada-approved medical centre with the following documents for registration:
- sponsor ID
- original Iqama
- original driving license
- two photographs
- the fee for the medical test, which is approximately SAR 200
- after registration, the hospital will take you for a blood test, an eye test, and a general checkup
- after passing the blood test and eye test, the hospital staff will update your medical test report on the Absher portal
- you will be notified with an SMS once the report has been updated on the Absher portal
Efada medical report driving license status check
The status of an Efada medical test report for a driving license cannot be checked online. However, medical centre staff usually updates the medical test report on the Absher portal. You will be notified with an SMS once your medical report has been updated on the Absher portal.