Updated January 2023
If you’re planning to seek employment in any of the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) nations, including Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates, you’ll be required to undergo a medical examination through the Gulf Approved Medical Centers Association (GAMCA).
To learn more about the GAMCA medical program, including its booking procedure, costs, and requirements, please continue reading.
GAMCA medical program
Please note that the GAMCA program is now officially known as the Wafid program. The GAMCA website is no longer in service and you can find the new website at https://wafid.com/
The GAMCA medical is a program established by GCC countries to ensure that all individuals immigrating to these Middle Eastern countries are in good health prior to entering the workforce.
Countries under the GAMCA medical program
Nationals of the following countries are required to partake in the GAMCA medical program to obtain their work visa.
- Sri Lanka
GAMCA medical test procedures
Before you can start your new job in a GCC country, you’ll need to go through a comprehensive medical examination with the Gulf Approved Medical Centers Association (GAMCA). The exam will cover a variety of components including a thorough physical examination, laboratory tests, and an evaluation of your medical history. Depending on your individual health needs, additional tests may also be required.
Some of the procedures include providing a urine sample and undergoing a chest X-ray. Additionally, you’ll need to complete a health questionnaire that covers your general health, weight, height, and blood pressure. The doctor will also conduct a thorough examination of your eyes, ears, nose, and throat, as well as a dental exam.
The laboratory tests will include an analysis of your blood and urine, and in some cases, a stool sample may also be required. Your medical history will be evaluated, and questions will be asked about any current or past health conditions and any medications that you are currently taking.
GAMCA medical test appointment and booking
To set up an appointment for your GAMCA medical test, please consult the following:
- Visit the official Wafid appointment page
- Click book appointment
- Enter your personal information in the online form
- Click submit at the bottom of the form
- Enter credit card payment details
- Click to pay
- Check your email for a confirmation
Please note that the website allows the applicant to book GAMCA medical in all countries under the program, including Pakistan, India, Bangladesh, Philippines, and others. Participants are required to pay the fees by using a credit card.
GAMCA medical test required documents
You must prepare the following documents when you register for the medical check-up:
- a passport valid for at least 6 months after the travel date
- two passport-sized photographs
- the original visa application form
- the original medical insurance policy
- a copy of the flight ticket or itinerary
- a copy of the hotel reservation (only if staying in a hotel)
- the fee payment receipt
GAMCA medical test cost
The cost of GAMCA medical tests varies from country to country. However, some of the prices are listed below:
- GAMCA medical service in Pakistan- PKR 9,300
- GAMCA medical service in India- INR 4,500 for Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait, and UAE, and INR 5,000 for Saudi Arabia
- GAMCA medical service in Bangladesh- TK 5,300
GAMCA medical status check
Applicants who have completed both the medical check-up and payment will be able to check the result of the medical test both online and offline.
Online status check
To check your passport medical report or GAMCA medical test report online, follow the steps given below:
- visit the Wafid online portal
- enter your passport number and nationality
- enter the captcha accurately
- click on ‘Check’, and you will be able to view the status of your medical test report online
Offline status check
Alternatively, you check the result of the test by visiting one of the GAMCA offices. Provide your name, passport number, and the test date to get your result printed by the GAMCA staff and given to you.
GAMCA center locations
You can locate your nearest GAMCA center by accessing Wafid’s medical center list. Simply provide your country and city of residence, and you will be directed to the nearest GAMCA medical center.