Updated July 2023
The Umrah is a minor, non-compulsory pilgrimage that any able-bodied Muslim with adequate financial means may undertake to gain the blessings and favour of Allah. Umrah is seen as a way for Muslims to seek forgiveness, spiritual renewal, and a closer connection to God. It is also an opportunity for Muslims to visit the birthplace of their religion and the holiest city in Islam.
If you are considering to go Umrah this year, Wego provides helpful information on the Umrah visa price in 2023.
Table of Contents
Umrah visa price 2023
It’s worth noting that the Saudi e-visa permits individuals to perform Umrah, and the fees for this are as follows:
- the tourist e-visa costs SAR 535 (USD 142) and includes full health insurance coverage during the stay
- the cost for the tourist visa on arrival is SAR 480 (USD 127)
As visas for Umrah can now be obtained electronically, you can apply for electronic visas through the Nusuk platform. To know more about applying for a visa through Nusuk, visit our dedicated article:
Umrah visa insurance price
As part of the visa procedures, pilgrims are required to obtain Umrah insurance that covers emergency cases, including but not limited to:
- treatment and admission to hospitals
- hospitalization expenses
- pregnancy-related medical emergencies
- emergency childbirth coverage
- emergency dental treatments
- injuries sustained in traffic accidents
- dialysis cases
- internal and external medical evacuation
The cost for this comprehensive Umrah insurance is SAR 87.